GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Essau Gambia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 10:15:56 -0400
Developing story:More Riots and Demos to take place in Gambia-Reveals A
demonstrator who emailed Freedom!!!

* Jammeh in trouble again
demonstrators  vowed to make a
major showdown action!!*

By A Concerned Gambian Demonstrator

Dear Editor/Pa Nderry,

I am a bonafide reader of your news online every day. It's so educational
and well respected. You people truly demonstrate the true principle of
journalism. Keep the spirit alive and please you people are our eyes and
mouths. You say what we are scared to say so as the people/the whole world
will know what's going on.

Please allow me to make some rectification about  your article:

*Breaking News:Stop Press: Pandemonium in the Gambia! Soldier murdered
London
corner youth-Protesters went wild!!*

The youth that got killed is SHERIFF MINTEH. He is a teenager, a young
striving to help his family at home as he got little sisters and brothers to
take care of including his mum. He lost his father and is a single parent.
Of course this boy got some elder brothers but he is a very determined youth
that's always there for his younger siblings and his mum.

This incident took place yesterday night at around 8-9pm. These people came
to raid those the hustlers(cannabis sellers) and while they were harassing
and searching a guy call Badou Saho who was even fresh and clean without
even a single pack of weed. While Sheriff was there seeing what was going
on, he got scared and ran away.

When he make a run because of fear, a military/Paramilitary/Police Officer
decided to chase him around the  neighborhood. When he was caught, he was
scolded and he scold the officer back because he was defending his right
too. They have NO right to scold him as he was searched and he was not with
anything but his mobile phone.

So while they were there, they exchanged some words and the officer pulled a
bionet knife and stabbed  him on his ribs as Sheriff shout, he stabbed  him
again the second time. Then Sheriff fall down and started to bleed
seriously.

*The officer got scared and decided to run away. Then an eye witness cry out
loud "HE HAS KILLED HIM", then the bystanders decided to chase the officer
to get hold of him. When they caught him and started beating him up but he
manage to escape and he was aided by a neighbor and the officer then managed
to make a phone call to his team members who managed to come to his rescue
and got him away.
*
After securing the escape of the officer, they came back in full force
chasing and harassing every youth they saw outside at around 23hrs. The
military came in with two loaded trucks with personels each with an AK-47.
They even opened fire on the air as they were trying to disperse the youths.

After the news reaches the youths here at London Corner, they went straight
to the newly nominated National Assembly member Sainey Jaiteh to ask for
Justice on this issue as its very serious. Sainey asked the youths to calm
down and he was very helpful that night but the youths said he was not doing
much to see that justice is done to the officer responsible. Sources said
this unit that Killed Sheriff were dispatched from Kotu Police Station.

*Its sad that this is a victim whose brother and whole family are APRC loyal
militants. The brother of the late Sheriff Minteh is Pierre Minteh, working
at the KMC who is well known for the crucial roles he played in the regime
of the APRC to win them the vote of the people of Serekunda and beyond. He
was doing everything possible to see that the officer responsible is bring
to Justice but he himself was threatened that he will be beaten up if he did
not shut his mouth. He is not scared, he knows that they are just pretending
as he knows how to meet up with Mr. President himself.*

Today this morning, youths take it to the street, to see that Justice
PREVAIL and not delayed. Justice delayed is justices denied. They got hold
of a youth who was saying that he aint scared to die but he will talk as
what is done is not right and its far too much. At the that juncture, he was
hold by the officers while some pulling his rasta hair and others  hitting
him with the base of their AK-47's. He  was seriously beaten up and then
they started to roam around the street of Serekunda harassing and beating up
helpless youths.

 When the youths went once more to their Parliamentarian to lodge their
complain as they voted for him in office, he called the military to come
clear them away from his house. The Alkali of Serekunda Mr. Seedy Jobe too
was adding fire to the issue by asking the personnel to open fire to
disperse the crowd, which was not helping at all but making the  youths more
angry as their claim is to see that justice is done rather than denied.

*The demonstration is still going on and will still go on until we see that
Justice is done. This time it won't be like the issue of April 10. Its
another 10th day of May just a month ahead of the previous. What was done
the last time won't repeat itself here where officers are being backed up by
the government. We dont know about problems but when it rises, it gets out
of hand. Now it is out of hand and I am taking part in the demonstration. *

So I gotta go to show my grievance in the issue too because I know Sheriff
personally and everybody from his family too. We are SAD and have NO other
way to show it but to demonstrate. You too help us let the whole world know
whats going on here in the Gambia. We are living a very hard life here and
the regime is so powerful that the mass is suppressed. There is NO freedom
of speech and press here. It's just A DICTATORSHIP. We dont have a
President, we have a dictator.

Yours Sincerely,
I prefer not to say my name for SAFETY reasons.

All rights reserved. Copying or re-writing our pieces without the expressed
permission of  this leading paper is prohibited. News Organizations and
Research institutions interested in using our pieces are free to contact the
editor before culling our stories. Such organizations must also give credit
to Freedom before using our materials. We thank you for your attention.

 The editor can be reached at the following
addresses:[log in to unmask], or [log in to unmask] If you know
that it's happening or is about to happen please contact us. It's easy. Just
type your info on our contact us file and  then click send. The Freedom
Newspaper is your leading and most authoritative  source of news. We have
the required professionals to serve you round the clock. Get your morning
breakfast news by reading Freedom. We have good stuffs  every morning. At
Freedom, we mean business.

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 (Archive on Tuesday, June 26, 2007)
Posted by PNMBAI  Contributed by PNMBAI
Return <http://freedomnewspaper.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx>

   Copyright 2006 (c) Freedom Newspaper, LLC.   :  Powered By
PointClick<http://www.pointclicktech.com/>
  :  Terms Of Use<http://freedomnewspaper.com/Home/tabid/36/ctl/Terms/Default.aspx>
  :  Priv<http://freedomnewspaper.com/Home/tabid/36/ctl/Privacy/Default.aspx>

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい