GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 22:26:43 -0000
FYI

HOTEP (PEACE)

ASSOCIATION FOR THE STUDY OF CLASICICAL AFRICAN CIVILISATION

Our Purpose

ASCAC provides a body of knowledge that continuously contributes to the
rescue. reconstruction and restoration of African history and culture. Our
purpose is to promote the study of African civilizations for the
development of an African world view. Our aim is to build African centered
study groups and strengthen existing institutions. Our goal is to provide
excellence in all dimensions of our association. Our strategy is to use our
accumulated knowledge for the liberation of African people wherever they
may be. Our commitment is to the truth. Our achievements and
accomplishments will provide the resources necessary for ASCAC to grow and
be recognized as a world class African organization.

Our Significance

We, the men and women of ASCAC are guided by the following virtues. These
virtues describe our organization as we want it to be. We want every
decision and action in our association to demonstrate these values. We
believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits
for ourselves, our children and for generations yet to come.

Our Virtues

We are an AFRICAN PEOPLE... We walk in the footsteps of our ancestors. We
treat one another with respect, recognizing the significant contributions
that come from the diversity of individuals and ideas. We create an
environment of cooperation, openness, creative challenge and development.

We encourage and build STUDY GROUPS...
We believe in respecting African people. by listening to requests,
understanding concerns and providing the intellectual weaponry to define,
defend and develop ourselves.

We regard our INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERS as essential ASCAC members...
We owe our institutional members the same type of respect that we show to
our study groups. Our institutional members deserve fair and equitable
treatment, clear agreements and an honest response to their effectiveness.
We consider our members needs and requirements in conducting all aspects of
our research and study.

We take responsibility for the DISTINCTION and QUALITY of our work...
We deliver excellence and continue to strive for perfection. We define
distinction as intellectual freedom and quality as achieving the best for
our people'.

We demonstrate INTEGRITY in all we do...
We are personally accountable for high standards of behavior, honesty and
fairness in all aspects of our work. We strive to fulfill our commitments
as conscience Africans, dedicated and devoted workers. We are responsible
and reliable, truthful and accurate, decisive and diligent in the effective
use of ASCAC and study group resources.

We provide LEADERSHIP as an organization and as individuals...
We lead through competence. creativity and collective consciousness.
ASCAC's leadership is founded on progressive scholarship. innovative ideas,
and community activism. We are scholars. scientists, artists, students and
determined workers. Our mission is to reclaim our history through Research,
enlighten our people through Education. inspire our people through Science
and Spiritual Development and raise our consciousness through Creative
Productions. Our continued success requires developing people and rewarding
their achievements therefore we recognize it is the responsibility of all
of us to educate and develop ourselves as well as those whom we lead, touch
and influence.

INVITATION TO JOIN ASCAC

An opportunity now exists for you to make a vital contribution to one of
the most innovative and most admired organizations within the African
community, the Association for the Study of Classical African Civilizations
(ASCAC).

You can help sustain this unique forum, where bold social dreams and
scholarly ideas are continually explored and expanded through your
membership contribution. With it, you can impact the ongoing reclamation of
the history of ancient African civilizations and direct what future
generations will learn.

ASCAC provides you with access to a growing body of knowledge about
Africa's role in world history. During our first decade of existence, the
accomplishments of the Association have included:

•Providing local, regional and national forums for scholarly exchanges and
networking.

•Developing a long-range international research strategy based upon a
multi-disciplinary approach.

•Promoting an African-centered curriculum in private and public school
systems. •Developing and producing ASCAC Study Guides and increasing the
numbers of study groups nationally. •Publishing research findings,
conference proceedings, project papers and newsletters. •Traveling to Kemet
(Egypt) for Two International conferences (1986 and 1996). •Establishing an
Institute of Youth to encourage our young people to study African history.
•Publishing of the First Volume of the African World History Project.

ASCAC continues to reclaim our history through research, enlightening our
people through education, inspiring our people through science and
spiritual development, and raising our consciousness through creative
productions.

Furthermore, every year promises to be better than the previous year, with
the most exciting offerings and programs to date.

•Our regional conferences are scheduled for the fall and winter as we
continue to organize, mobilize and publicize many of ASCAC's initiatives.
•Our annual Ancient Kemetic Studies Conferences are a tremendous success as
we renew and strengthen our efforts in 'Building for Eternity'.

As you can imagine, the list of quality programs in ASCAC is virtually
limitless. However, ASCAC's budget and resources are not.

If you have already submitted your membership, we thank you very much and
ask that you share this information with a person who may benefit from this
African centered organization. If you are making a pledge of additional
support, please remit at this time. If you have yet to join us in our
uncompromising efforts, your contribution and enrollment is welcomed in
this most historical project.

In the face of continually escalating costs, ASCAC strives to preserve its
entire spectrum of high quality scholarly endeavors and to build upon its
leading role in gathering and disseminating information.

By doing your part to help ASCAC, you sustain this truly vital center of
learning and culture that plays a significant role in all our lives.

Building for eternity,

Nzinga Ratibisha Heru, National President

JOIN TODAY or Contact Us

http://WWW.ASCAC.ORG