GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sarian Loum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sarian Loum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:33:25 -0700
KB,

Did I miss something?  Was Ebrima Ceesay alienated or forced to leave the list
by list management?  I'm one of the list managers and I do not ever recall
forcing Ebrima and his sources to leave.  On the contrary, I enjoyed every bit
of Ebrima's posting and always looking forward to what he has to say.

The reason I'm asking all these questions is simple, I delisted from the list
for a month because I was away and since I haven't read mail for that long a
time, a lot could have transpired. I guess I could go search the archives but I
simply don't have the time to dig thru tons of mail.  So please enlighten me as
to how/why Ebrima departed from the list.

Also, people should stop crucifying all list managers because just one manager
decided to say something.  List managers are also list members and sometimes
they could post stuff as list member and not on behalf of the management team.
If that's the case then talk with the manager individually rather than insult
the whole management team.  We all have different perspectives and I don't
always necessarily agree to everything that is decided.  All I ever call for is
civility on the list and I don't think that's too much to ask considering we are
all adults.

This mail is not personally directed at you KB but to all the subscribers.  You
keep forgetting that we are all in this fight together.  When we direct so much
energy fighting then the enemy has a field day at our expense.  We all want a
better Gambia (or should I say some of us) so let's fight the dictator period.

May the good Lord bless our homeland.

sarian