GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Asbjørn Nordam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 18:09:51 +0100
Thank you for posting the interview.
Every time I´m in The Gambia I go to watch  all football matches, no matter
if it´s the Scorpions, the young Scorpions, the local league, the teams out
in Lamin, Latrikunda, or Makumbaya. And it´s a pleasure and privilege every
time I meet with BIRI. Last year we met first one day at Banjul Market and
exchanged greetings, later when the young scorpions played at Baku Stadium.
This year we attended a match at the 22.july square, when the team from the
guards won, and some days later after elections we met at my hotel one night
watching football on TV.
I´m glad to say that BIRI is still a legend in Denmark. There are so many
football fans who still remember him. The coach Nielsen, who later was
national coach for a short period past away many years back, but we still
remember him as the coach, who brought BIRI to danish football.
And for you football fans out there I can inform you that we have a very
talented young gambian here in Denmark, who has played the national team
under 15 and under 17. We can all see his talent and if he one day becomes
danish nationality he can maybe play the national team. We should like him
here, but maybe you want him into the young Scorpions ?
Thanks for the nice interview. Regards Asbjørn Nordam