GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoulie Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 21:39:32 -0500
For some reason, my last message was truncated. Here's my full response:

"Of course, how to organize the resistance and bring it to the necessary
critical mass is the key question. That will be different for every country
and will depend on the brutality of the regime, how entrenched the regime
is, the culture of resistance in that society, the availability of an
enlightened leader in the opposition who will resist the temptation to use
violence, and several other factors."

Ousman:

This is where the concept of a revolutionary intellectual movement becomes
truly important. I know that the word 'revolutionary' sounds intimidating
to some folks, but trust me to say that it is going to take nothing less
than a 'revolution', I mean total, massive and major change/overhaul to
make bring normalcy from the chaotic situation we have in our hands. The
opposition to the status quo is you me and every single Gambian inside and
outside the boundaries of Koina through Banjul. Not some self-serving, self
appointed power-hungry loony. Therefore, we owe it to every single Gambian,
male, female, young and old to toil for the total massive action it will
take to change our status to that of a social, political and economic
prosperity. We must all be partners in a revolutionary intellectual
movement to make that happen by taking care of our small bits here and
there. Ofcourse there will be a price to pay for the stance that we must
take in these hard times for the Gambia. It should be well worth it. All we
need are selfless leaders who will be willing to lead us in the march to
take what belongs to us as a nation. We have plenty to choose from if the
will is there.

-BambaLaye
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have
acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence
of the voice of justice when it mattered most, that has made it possible
for evil to triumph."
-Halle Selassie I