GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 14:06:30 -0000
Tombong,

I'm sure you're a busy fellow, but I couldn't help but notice the eerie
similarity between what several people alleged against your domain, and what
the State Dept.'s report clearly confirms. Below is an excerpt of the US
State Dept.'s take on how the Gambia national Radio and TV works:

"Government radio and television gave very limited coverage to opposition
activities, including statements by opposition parliamentarians in the
National Assembly. In most other respects, the state media served as
propaganda instruments for the Government and its supporters."

Needless to say, many members of this distro have made exactly such claims
last week. Please help us understand how the US State Dept could be duped by
us or the official opposition in The Gambia into believing the above
scenario, which you've "de-bunked?" as untrue only last week. Your usual
diplomacy would be appreciated.

Good morning.

Saul.