GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Omar Hatab <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 22:51:58 -0000
Hamjatta

Why on earth do you imagine that I'm referring to you? This really beats my
imagination. As I explained to Saul in a private conversation, 'Kangtei' was
meant to translate in Mandinka 'he who breaks his word, his promises'. And
'Tulubay' was meant to translate 'all ears' - he who hears everything. A few
days after that particular story came out, Soffie Ceesay asked me what the
names meant and I gave her this same explanation. She can testify to this.
That was days before Kujabi's tirade and your wrong allegations against me.
I had called God to witness me earlier today that I'm not writing about you
or anyone else on the L. Why do you insist that I am? You really are being
very unfair to me. Let me tell you one thing, please, never ever confront me
with this allegation in public. Please. I still have lots of respect for you
and for the last time, Hamjatta, I AM NOT WRITING ABOUT YOU OR ANYONE ON THE
L. OK?
Baba