GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:46:21 -0800
There is a story of two men rowing a small boat across a lake.
Suddenly, one man starts drilling a hole in the bottom. The other man
yells, “What are you doing”, and the first replies, “What are you
worried about, I’m drilling on my side of the boat!”

Though this answer seems preposterous, the truth is, this is how we
think. We do not see the bigger picture of how our actions affect our
surroundings.

According to Kabbalah, human consciousness directly affects the
physical world we live in. This means that ‘thought pollution’
creates physical pollution.

Water is a prime example of this. Recent scientific discoveries are
confirming ancient Kabbalistic teachings that water reflects the
consciousness of the human race.

Kabbalah tells us that before the Great Flood described in the Book
of Genesis, water was a wondrous and powerful healing agent, and
drinking water removed all impurities from the human body. After the
Flood, however, water lost its almost unlimited power to extend lives
and maintain health. The deeper reason for this change was the
negative consciousness of humans.

It is said that the negativity was so great then, that a person would
be put to death for performing an act of sharing. This might seem
hard to believe, though after perusing the daily headlines, perhaps
it’s not.

The mission of the Kabbalah is to transform the polluted, negative
actions and thoughts of mankind into actions of sharing and Light. As
we affect the lives of more and more people, we are helping to
transform the physical earth.

This week, by eliminating (or at least reducing) your anger, treating
others with human dignity, and meditating on the 72 names of G-d, you
will help awaken and restore the healing powers of the earth’s water,
as well as reverse the toll human negativity has taken on all of
nature.

PRAYER:

"I am now switching off destructive thoughts emanating from my ego.
My heart is opening and filling with the Light of the Creator. I feel
warmth and acceptance—of all people and of myself."

http://search.yahoo.com