GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ceesay, Soffie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:04:51 -0500
Please read below - this is my second attempt.

February 11, 2005

Dear Sir or Madam:

January 17, 2005 will be remembered in the annals of The Gambia's political history as the day when all the opposition political parties came together to sign the Memorandum of Understanding - MOU.  Putting the interest of The Gambia above everything else the opposition political leadership came together to form a new coalition party - The National Alliance for Democracy and Development - NADD.  Indeed, NADD represents new hope for bringing back democracy, rule of law and real development to The Gambia.  By signing the MOU, NADD seeks to create a country that Gambians can take pride in.  Therefore, a new wind of change in 2006 is in the making; a change that will usher in political stability, an independent judiciary, and rule of law.

 As Gambians living in the Diaspora we have a crucial role to play in making this vision and change in the Gambia a reality. In the recent past, our Senegalese cousins in the Diaspora confronted a similar challenge and came together to save their country.  The choice for Gambians abroad is simple; we can abandon our country, our heritage and our families; or we can organize collectively, take the leadership role, and contribute in bringing this hope into reality.

The 2006 General Election is fast approaching, and concerned Gambians in the Diaspora and friends of The Gambia everywhere have an obligation to help finance the bulk of the 2006 elections.  Save The Gambia Democracy Project working with other organizations needs to raise an estimated $160,000, in order to have a chance of deposing Yahya Jammeh and his criminal regime. It will be a disaster for our country, if anyone in the Diaspora assumes that this is someone else's problem. Therefore, Save The Gambia Democracy Project working with NADD and concerned Gambians in the Diaspora has three fast track categories of contribution: a one thousand-dollar ($1,000) contribution, a five hundred-dollar ($500) contribution, and a one hundred-dollar ($100) contribution.  However, for those that cannot afford to give in any of the three categories, we highly welcome any portion that you can towards our goal.  In the end, it is going to take sacrifice to save our beloved country. The future of our heritage is at stake.

Enclosed are the names of STGDP Regional Coordinators for you to contact if you have any questions, concerns, and suggestions and also a membership enrollment form.  Time is of the essence so, donate generously and together we can and will make this new wind of change reach our shores.

Kindest Regards,

STGDP

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい