GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saihou Mballow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 00:40:32 -0700
Conteh,
       surely,there is no doubt Almamy Touray didn't
tender any resignation letter to the UDP.Infact if
there was an element of truth in his statement that he
actually resigned,he would have presented his letter
of resignation to the Observer paper at the time of
his reaction to our expulsion but no there was no
proof for him to show them that he wrote something to
the UDP as we did on a press release.
 Touray got in to panic when one of the ladies who
attended the thursday 3rd meeting at the UDP bureau
phone to tell him that the UDP leadership had expelled
him from the party,according to the lady.Touray knows
very well the quickest way to send a letter to our
office without posting it, if he had intended to
resign as he claimed.
 Mr.Touray has no commitment for any policy or
principle but only for money.He is not patriotic for
the simply reason that he has not only put the UDP
party in a big embracement but the whole country when
he was caught in Brussels airport on December 3rd 1999
trafficking of young women for prostitution
internationally.Touray told a big lie to the Airport
officials that he was traveling with his daughter
Fanta Touray and niece Ya Fatou Touray who after an
interview with the immigration officials claimed that
they didn't knot Almamy Touray at all much more
related.At the time of his arrest the 1999 budget
session at the National Assembly was on but he choosed
to give his back.If Touray was a credible MP, he would
have resigned not only his membership to the UDP at
that time but his MP-ship as well to safe both the
image of the party and the country as whole.
 The Niani constituency people are with us in this
action to expel him from the party in order to safe
both the party and the constituency from this
unscrupulous,unpatriotic and dishonest behavior.
 We would therefore, not be surprise to see him in the
APRC party where
corruption,dishonesty,robbery,terrorism and BIG lies
is the order of the day.That's the right party for him
where everybody knows the leader is a "Deremo".
 I would thank Mr.Kebba Dampha for speaking his honest
opinion about UDP being not a tribalism party.It is
only people who are being cow by the popularity of the
party who would call it a tribalism.The composition of
the party is Mandingka,Fula,Wollof,Jola and
Sarahule.UDP is not a party of one man show but real
democracy exist.
Saihou

=== message truncated ===