GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 16:31:16 +0000
George, thanks for your advice and I appreciate it.  And yes, we need all
the Gambia Associations in the diaspora to step up to the plate to make this
fund successful.

Can someone please help me with this concern that I have been pondering on
for the last week or so.  George Sarr reminded us about the need to have
MRDGUK and US involved, and it is a good reminder.  However, why is the MRDG
still silent regarding this current effort?  Is there a conflict of interest
we do not know about?  I don't want to call names, but I will.  Some of the
names that come to mind are: James Bahoum, Hamjatta Kanteh, Ebrima Chongan,
Modou Mboge, Ams Jallow, Saul Mbenga, etc., we need to hear from you'll for
the silence is deafening.

Moving right along, we all know that all the opposition parties and some of
their members are subscibers to the GPost and GL, then why are they still
silent?  Halifa Sallah, Ousainou Darbo, Hamat Bah, Sidia Jatta, Waa Juwara,
and Omar Jallow, what's up?  Have'nt you heard about the efforts your fellow
country folk are doing to support your fight to put Yaya Jammeh and the APRC
out of business?  Continuing, why is Karamba, Sanusi, Ous Mbenga, Samba Jow,
others, and those affiliated with the PPP and NRP silent or not making
noise?  Is this an indication that your party affiliations are more
important than our nation's health?  You are either part of the problem or
the solution, so which one do you folks choose?

The opposition parties are cash strapped and have historically complained
about the lack of funding and financial support from diasporans.  However,
now that your calls have been answered, all of a sudden you turn gun-shy.
If you are looking for a special invitation or a red carpet entrance, then
get lost, because that indicates your priorities are not in order.  You
should not wait for folks to invite you to join in this fight to get rid of
the criminals in the Gambia.  So, I say come and join this moving train or
you are going to be left behind.  You are not setting a good example with
your silence and inquiring minds want to know what you're sitting on.  For
all those that intend to sit on their donations up to the last minute, do
you think we can have a fund if everyone does that?  Just think about it for
a minute.  We call it a fund because we need your and my money, now, not in
the last minute.  So Sanusi, I hear you, but please cough up the Queens
currency. :)!George, continue to agitate.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou