GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:04:41 EST
Koto:
With alll due respect, I think you have a problem with other perspectives of
the Quran.  I have read some of the posts you and certain others have made on
the subject, and on a few occasions, I could not help but chuckle at your
fanatical interpretation of the text.  One does not have to read the Holy
Book from cover to cover to actually understand select aspects of the
religion.  I think it is much better to get information from Islamic
organizations or "true" scholars of the religion as opposed to fanatical
cranks who are not even fluent in Arabic.

The article is diametrically opposed to what Jabou and yourself have said
here simply because you guys, due to your misguided religious fervor which
gives you the crazy idea that only you have a religious duty to preach
rubbish here, have taken it upon yourselves to be the legal guardians of the
religion on the L.  However, because you guys were force fed the religion
like most of us who went to "Dara" back home, you do not have a good grasp of
some aspects of the Quran.

Koto, some words of advice: You guys do not have a monopoly on the way Islam
should be presented.  In other words, you can present yours the way you think
it should be presented, but people like me, who have not been force fed as
much as you, also have a right to look for the truth from more knowledgeable
sources.  That is exactly what I did, and though you might kick, hiss and
scream all you want, I will continue to so.  Such perspectives put your half
baked and shaky interpretations of the Holy Book to shame.

This is my last piece on this topic anyway.  But you guys need to stop this
nonsense of directly translating the book even though you lack the expertise
to do so.