GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 10:33:14 -0500
My condolences to those who lost their lives. This is such an unfortunate
incident. I hope the government will look for ways to see how best these
small boats could be made any safer for the people.
And yes, I just learnt that it is actually a boat and not the ferry. I have
also learnt that it was a Senegalese originated boat but none the less, we
are all the same. I am sure those boats at the crossings do pay for taxes,
so there should be a way of certifying them and even license the operators.
May be that will be a good start.
Once again, my condolences to all those who lost their lives and to all
those who may lose their loved ones. May God shower them with his Almighty
blessings.
God bless.

Ousman Jallow Bojang.