GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 04:29:41 PDT
Gambia-L:

This is another e-mail from source in the Gambia

Ebrima Ceesay
Birmingham, UK

Hello Ebrima,

Desperation, Desperation, Desperation!!!!! Would you believe this, Ebrima?
Well, I am telling you that the APRC has indeed prepared a wished LIST of
potential candidates to be recruited as members of the almost defunct APRC
party. The man heading their list is non other than "Foday Dusuba" of
Serrekunda Omar Jallow (O.J); and in fact all the key people on the list
were senior members of the now disbanded PPP.

Buba Baldeh and others are also in the list. The final gasp, it would seem
to me. Ebrima, you can proceed with the count-down while I confirm this one
with O.J in person, who, I am sure, will be waiting for them with the
appropriate reply. And I hope those related to Buba Baldeh would advise him
because word reaching me is that he is demanding a ministerial post before
joining the sinking ship this time around.

By the way, the UDP Basse campaign was good, and I can tell you that all the
advisers of Yaya Jammeh are indeed all worried about this Basse development;
because Ousainou Darboe was received by a record growd raised above their
heads as he made his way into Basse from Alunghareh - a reception never seen
before in Basse.

I will get the video so that you can send it to Latjor Ndow - if he is
interested - for the gambian.com web page.

Also, a helicopter piloted by two Polish men made an unscheduled landing
around Brikama. The pilots are being interrogated by the NIA. They (the
pilots) claimed to have developed engine trouble on their way from Liberia
which meant that they must have flown past Kanilai.

Can you imagine Yahya Jammeh in his Kanilai bunker in the wake of this
Helicopter news?  More headache for "these people". By the way the case of
the two Fatous is an interesting piece in the Weekend Observer: the two
being Fatou Jahumpa and Aji Fatou Sallah. These are two sorry sisters, I
have to boldy say.

Anyway, I will send you the piece in the Observer since it will not be in
the internet. And I've got to go, but talk to you soon.