GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Samba Linguere <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:54:02 +0000
Sam,

A friend called my attention to your last piece some minutes ago, and I
thought it best to first thank you very much once again for responding. May
I once again reiterate, in a general way, that this exercise is not a
vendetta. I have said it before that I do not have any personal problem with
anybody. What I am doing is to take to task all those who are partly or
wholly responsible for the consolidation in power of the AFPRC/APRC, and
after falling out with them want to become our saviours overnight.

Sam, your last piece does not really contain any significantly controversial
issue that needs too much of my attention. If anything your response has
exposed your weak position. You came out of this one like a giant standing
on mosquito limbs. Be careful before your tumble down like Humptey Dumptey.
Your cohorts will not be able to put you together again.

In your usual and desperate attempt to downplay my exposures, you have
started a very futile fishing expedition in the mighty waters of the ocean.
Be careful, the canoe in which you are fishing from is not strong. And the
winds blowing across the ocean are powerful. The slightest mistake that you
make may render your canoe useless at sea. You shall then make a feast in
the ocean.

Sam, I am not a politician. I am far away from home. I just happened to have
been systematically following all events of significance back home; and I
just happened to have known you since those days when you, Lamin and Essa
were so inspired that you opted to explore the revolutionary world of Ahmed
Sekou Toure - MEET ME IN CONAKRY. Then we were very young at school, having
to walk from Serrekunda all the way to Kanifing. By the way, Essa is still
ill, but Lamin is also surviving up to now.

Stop your fishing expeditions and deal with the facts. Until I get back to
you, in another piece which I intend to broaden, say hi to Leeka.

Batch.