GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2008 09:15:29 EDT
Senegambianews has reported that Yahya, in association with a certain
Lebanese businessman, have been mining sand at Sanyang, possibly using  Carnegie's
confiscated equipment and intellectual property.

1. If I remmember correctly, Carnegie Minerals had contended that the  Gambia
Government was the competent partner in its sand mining operations in
Gambia. This observation goes to further cement the fact that Yahya may have  been a
higher-interest partner than the Gambia government. If we put blindfolds  on
and assume culpability of Gambia and Gambians, at the very least, it is a
tripartite contract.

2. It is possible that this unscrupulous partner in the Lebanese  businessman
was the shadow behind the accusations levelled against Carnegie  Minerals of
mining unsolicited minerals or misrepresenting volumes and  value.

3. It indicates that in the world of investments, there is still integrity
in relations, honour, intellectual property, and theft-by-receiving. I am proud
 of the chinese government for refusing to purchase sand mined from the use
of  stolen/disputed property. Taiwan is China, and China is Taiwan.

4. If, as Carnegie wishes to believe, that the issue is under the purview  of
an arbitration outfit, and Yahya posted guards at the facility to engage in
surreptitious mining, then it would appear that Yahya is an unfit partner to
industry and national enterprise. This then nullifies the tripartite contract
to  be re-negotiated anew. Sans a third partner in Yahya. And Yahya must be
made to  pay for stealing and using stolen equipment. Even while arbitration
proceeds.

5. I feel sorry for Carnegie, but as long as their heads are buried in the
sands, they'd better inform their shareholders of the total loss and other
remedy. This is why uncouth governance must not be appreciated anywhere in the
world!!!

Haruna.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい