GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:23:22 -0000
Since the London briefing that was jointly organized by some Bristish MPs
and the MRDG (UK) a few weeks ago, many people have been baffled by the
non-attendance of it by PDOIS. Many questions have been asked and yet no
tangible explanation has been forthcoming. This, I believe is partly due to
the fact that some are deliberately substituting Halifa for PDOIS. Some
opinions expressed are really not about PDOIS's non-attendance of the London
briefing but about their loathing of Halifa Sallah.

If Halifa's questions were answered precisely and to the point, we might be
reacting to PDOIS's stance now rather than wasting a lot of valuable time on
trivialities such as procedures. I can understand why PDOIS may want to know
if their invitation was sent by email or Post. It is very obvious that if it
had been sent by email that would have been easy to prove. If on the other
hand it was sent by post one may want to know whether the invitation letter
from one of the Bristish was sent separately from that of the MRDG (UK) or
not. If as claimed by Hamajata and Mr. Bahoum the briefing was jointly
organized by their movement together with some british MPs, one may want to
know whether the two invitations were sent separately. If they were sent
separately one may want to know why. On the other hand if they were sent
together how come all other opposition parties received their invitations
intact except PDOIS.

PDOIS should also get on with it and give us some explanation as to whether
they would have attended the briefing had they received an invitation from
the MRDG (UK) or not. They have already indicated to all and sundry that as
a party they felt that the invitation from a british MP about the briefing
was inappropriate and as such refused it. What the likes of me want to know
is whether they still hold the same view about the briefing now that they
have been told that the briefing was spearheaded by the MRDG (UK).

Best wisehes, KB Jobe.

"There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see,
yet small enough to solve"

                  (MIKE LEAVITT)