GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:29:15 -0400
Have you heard ??

H.E. the president of
> the Republic of the Gambia will address the United Nations  General
Assembly
> on the 24th Sept.'99.
> He is expected to proceed to Washington DC to discuss issues of
concern to
> the community. There would be a number of bilateral issues including
> facilitation of immigration and visa procedures.

Source " Gambian friend"

SECOND and most importantly
:

On the 25 of September MCC will be having it annual fund raising Dinner
.
Please attend and support your center Muslim Community Center at 15200
New Hampshire Ave. ,Silver Spring , Md. 20905

The annual Fall Fundraising dinner will take place on SATURDAY the 25
Th. of
September 1999. Keep the date free . If you cannot attend send some
donnations in kind and or checks payable to MCC at the above address.

Guest speakers are
Bro.  Aly Ramadan  of AMC
Dr Sulayman Nyang of Howard University-
Topic
Sharing Common  Grounds

MCC  is in desperate need for it's monthly expenses . Please come and
support

us .
$50 per person and $ 100 per family
call 301 384 3454
Ask for Imam Fysul Khan or Habib Ghanim,Sr (Fundraising committee)
Thank you

LET's UNITE to save our center. It is critical we do so .Please put
aside all our differences for this event.
We suggest if you cannot make it to send a generous donation. Thanks

Habib Ghanim

PS I need some friends  to cook benachin for about 250 people (it can be
split between five sisters or brothers) . I want some African food to be
served instead of the normal Pakistani food . Can I have volunteers??
Thanks Habib