GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:36:32 EST

Yanks how are you?

I think we should establish some base understandings here:

You had wanted to exact punishment for whatever crimes Nderry committed
against you and others by founding a peer tabloid whose aim is to counter Nderry
and Free Online Tabloid's slanderous and libelous publications. I advised that
 that may be a counterproductive pursuit. I offered instead that if you
believe  in law and litigation as wiser arbiter, I will assist in that endeavour. I
think  you are leaning toward that counsel.

If you are leaning toward that avenue, we must consider the  following:

You must indicate, in both words and action, that you adopt the legal  avenue
to mitigate whatever mischief or damages Nderry has done or continues to  do.
This means that:

1. You should not be tempted to try Nderry here on Ellen or in any  other
medium. It is unwise to continue to provide evidence or your reasons for  holding
Nderry liable for infringement on your rights. Therefore I advise that  you
discuss other topic here and allow jurisprudence the lattitude to work. This
doesn't mean that Nderry will or will not continue to do anything you find
abhorrent of him. But You must not be tempted to match Nderry if you believe
what he does is evil. Trust me I know how much of a temptation wanton
publication can be. It takes wisdom and fortitude to be able to resist the most
salacious literature.

2. You will have honoured my advice should you cease and desist re-Nderry
and afford me the circumspect to assist in securing wise counsel. My urging
Nderry to apologise in no way discounts or expects an apology from Nderry. Law
generally advises consideration and even temporary reprieve for litigants. You
education in Law and experience in jurisprudence will probably support this.
If  on the one hand you are decided to embark on the legal avenue but on the
other  hand you keep sharing with us material germaine to your claims, you will
 indicate to me you are not really serious about the legal avenue and I will
have  embarked on foolhardy and litigious pettiness. And I do not have that
time nor  the inclination.

Remember that you feel you and Karim and perhaps some others feel you have
been maligned by Nderry one way or the other. So the veracity of that claim is
not the purview of our Ellen colleagues. I afforded advice as to manner of
dispensation. It doesn't mean I agree or will agree with your claims, and it
doesn't mean I disagree with your claims. It simply is beyond my purview. I
have  also advised Nderry to apologise for injury to your persons, whether
intended or  not, because that is human. It means that even if Nderry were not
guilty of  intentional wrongdoing, he clearly and perhaps inadvertently caused
injury and  other pain to you and co-claimants. You or Nderry presenting
circumstance here  to support or refute claims is both unnecessary and
counterproductive. Nderry  still reserves a right to apologise or not to apologise. That will
depend  entirely on his frame of mind. It will not help if you pre-judge
Nderry's  dispensations here.

I wanted to allow this week to pass without us talking about this matter  and
allow Nderry the requisite sobriety and peace for due-diligent
consideration. Please be patient.

Meanwhile, since you have disappointed me this once in not maintaining
considered silence, I want you to find out if your co-claimants have access to
Ellen in order that they may sign a pledge that they wish to pursue the legal
avenue rather than the confrontational avenue, and that they will accept any
legal conclusion drawn from the matter to preclude founding another publication,
 electronic, print, or otherwise, whose sole purpose is to act as counterfoil
to  Nderry and Free On-Line Tabloid. The case will be better pursued in my
opinion  with Karim and several other aversed if possible. I will draw up such a
pledge  and present it here for your signatures.

Your colleague and brother, Haroun Masoud. MQDT. Darbo. AL Mu'Umin.

In a message dated 11/13/2007 9:55:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,