GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
baboucarr jobarteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 23:58:21 -0400
Mr Director,

Could you clarify to me what's newsworthy and what isn't to GRTS? Am baffled
by some negligible stories which many people will agree with me doesn't
warrant to be shown on TV, whilst some important and sensitive national
issues that needs coverage aren't shown.

For example, people deffecting to the other side of the aisle(party)are
accorded publicity on GRTS. On the other hand, United Nations' international
travel ban on Baaba Jobe and the National Assembly member jailed for drug
trafficking(amongst others) are garbaged. Aren't these newsworthy? Please
help me comprehend this!

Take it easy.

Jobs.