GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:31:30 EDT
Mbindan,
I am sorry to learn that someone you know is suffering from Rheumatoid
Arthritis. I have seen and nursed some people with it and I can tell you that
it is a very painful joint disease which researchers are yet to reveal its
cause more over a cure for.
A lot of those affected have been advised to wear copper bracelets, drink
vinegar, honey and a lot of other local interventions without any scientific
effects. Patients are normally assisted to minimize pain and joint deformity.
A lot of people are given Ibuprofen which helps to decrease both pain and
inflammation. Adrenocorticoids have been very successful to comfort these
patients, but to cure it has yet to be achieved.
I wish this particular patient well and all those who might be suffering form
any sort of arthritis. If you have a prescription in the Gambia and wants to
fill and the medication is unavailable in the Gambia, one might be able to
help you. Only that most of these meds are already in the Gambia or Senegal.
You could also check on WWW.ARTHRITIS.COM to learn more. I hope this helps
you and the patient. I wish him/her a very speedy recovery and comfort.

Ousman Bojang.