GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:14:08 -0500
Gassama, I am glad you are back. Who can blame me for thinking that you are
‘running away’ when you conveniently hide behind other mails to respond to
the issues I am raising about Yaya’s corruption? In any case, welcome back.

I think you are getting confused. I suggest that you sober up, take your
time and digest properly what I am writing to you. When I raised the issue
about a rice deal in 1994, I was debunking your LIES that the US$3 million
was transferred ‘in order to buy rice because the Lebanese businessmen in
the country were sabotaging our economy’. That is a blatant lie. This story
about sabotage was a bogus story concocted by AFPRC at the instigation of
the ‘Strasser Boys’ from Sierra Leone. I am pretty certain that the time
this deal was cooking, Ebou Jallow was NOT even in the country. You might
not know this, but Ebou Jallow was in America during the early days of the
coup. It was Sana Sabally that traveled to Sierra Leone to get some
schooling about how to use rice to empty our coffers. Like I told you,
government went to Social Security and that is where they got the money to
import the rice. It is also a blatant lie you told earlier on when you
insinuated that Lebanese businessmen were hoarding rice during the early
days of the coup in order to create an artificial shortage and price hike.
Go ask your handlers who actually created the shortage in the country. It
was AFPRC that seized a rice shipment from Charbel Elhajj in order to create
the rice shortage, starve Gambians and then come to their ‘rescue’ by
importing rice. This is just a side issue to lay to rest this bogus notion
that Ebou Jallow ‘transferred’ money in order to buy rice.

For the life of me, what on earth does being in a flight with Ebou Jallow
have to do with testimony from a SWISS BANKER? I told you several times. The
judge did NOT mention any testimony from Ebou Jallow. It was the banker that
opened the PRIVATE bank account for Yaya that was testifying. The account
did NOT belong to a ‘Philip’ or whatever. The account belonged to Yaya and
he gave Ebou Jallow power of attorney to the account. I hope you get it this
time around. Being in a flight with Ebou Jallow has nothing to do with the
fact that Yaya stole money from us. Being in that flight did not make you
wiser. You are not claiming that Ebou Jallow told you in that flight that it
was he and not Yaya that stole the money.

Do you remember who made the following statement last year in this forum:
“On corruption and the pilfering of state coffers by Yahya Jammeh, the
evidence is just not there. Nobody in his right mind can honestly say that
very fine and refined gentlemen like Clark Bajo, Val Jentsen and Momodou
Cessay, all of the Central bank will sit idly by while our treasury is being
emptied by Yahya and his people. That Yahya is extremely wealthy is stating
it mildly. He is a very wealthy man. However, let’s not forget that he is
actively engaged in agriculture and animal husbandry.” Remember reading this
on G_L? Does the person that wrote this sound like someone who knew in 1995
that the ‘refined gentlemen’ at the Central Bank were transferring money on
the instructions of Junta members that did NOT hold the Finance portfolio?
Instead of instructions from the Finance Minister now the ‘refined
gentlemen’ are acting on instructions from a Junta Spokesman? What Central
Banking institution taught Bajo, Jentsen and Ceesay?

Now to the AFPRC ‘Development fund’. What do you understand this to mean?
So, is it all right for Junta members to transfer money from AFPRC
Development Fund to PRIVATE Swiss bank accounts? It is when people do NOT
have something honest and concrete to say that you hear all sorts of rubbish
jargon. This so-called AFPRC Development Fund is NOTHING but a fancy name to
tag on a loan from Taiwan. The morons thought that if they used this fancy
name they can then treat the funds as their personal property. Did your
‘refined Central bankers’ tell them that the world does NOT work that way?
Yaya CANNOT call his own money he did NOT work for. Loans that Gambian
taxpayers and their children (yet unborn) are going to pay belong to
ordinary Gambians and NOT in private Swiss bank accounts of Junta members
simply because the money is tagged ‘AFPRC Development Fund’.

You keep talking about our Constitution not outlawing ‘gifts’ to the
President. Gassama, at times the naivete and shallowness you exhibit is just
mind-boggling. You know what laws are relevant here? It is NOT the
Constitution you look to in a case like this involving alleged gifts. What
you look into are the criminal laws governing BRIBERY. There is a very thin
line between bribery and gift-giving. When Yaya was a poor lieutenant did
the Taiwanese ‘give’ him US$5 million? Ask yourself that. I would not waste
my time schooling you about the elements of bribery.

Surely you will NOT know about a US$1.7 million CASH deposit into Yaya’s
personal account. You are way down there in the food chain. Keep feeding on
the crumbs, boy. There are a lot of things you do NOT know. There are others
you know but do NOT want to recognize because you are in denial. You are
right that it is convenient for me to send you excerpts from the court
ruling. I do that because I do not have time to re-type the whole ruling.
Even if I had time, I would not go through the trouble just to feed your
faked curiosity. Of course I know you are NOT interested in the truth. Ask
your other AFPRC/APRC cronies to show you the ruling. The records should be
at AG Chambers. I am just glad that you are NOT saying that the ruling does
not exist or that I am distorting the ruling. I am quoting verbatim from the
ruling and NOT paraphrasing.

Again, I do NOT understand why you keep dragging Ebou Jallow’s name into the
mud. I NEVER told you that the EVIDENCE I gave you was from Ebou Jallow. The
Bank Manager only testified as to what he was privy to. For example, even
when Ebou Jallow came to withdraw the money the bank manager had the common
sense to call Yaya first and Yaya gave him the go-ahead to allow Ebou Jallow
to make the transaction. Whether Ebou Jallow is credible or not is neither
here nor there. For the hundredth time, it is the BANK MANAGER that said
that Yaya was stealing from us, NOT Ebou Jallow. I hope you get this into
your thick skull this time. Don’t talk to me about Ebou Jallow. If you have
something to say to Ebou Jallow, do so directly to him.
KB