GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:28:32 -0400
Brother, you just made my day. All what you said about Yaya and his cohorts
and their inferiority complex, is spot on. Here you have one Gambian that
did NOT underestimate the destructiveness of this backward class warfare
Yaya and his cohorts have been engaged in all this time. I have said it here
before. This ‘coup’ is all about some low-lives wanting to ‘enjoy’ stuff
they CANNOT work for. Criminals engaged in highway robbery. That’s all. You
are right that some might wish to downplay the significance of the contempt
Yaya and his cohorts held for ‘affluent’ people in The Gambia. Some will
simply not want to believe that there are Gambians ready to kill other
Gambians simply to live in Fajara. But the bottom-line is, that was the
single most important motivation for this coup. They stole power just so
that they will live flamboyant lifestyles at taxpayers’ expense.

Just revisit some of their activities right after the coup. Do you think if
these vermin genuinely came to eradicate corruption they will allow Jawara’s
family (days after the coup) to come back to the State House and retrieve
all their personal properties? This is the man who was being accused of
corruption. All this showed is that the vermin were ecstatic that Jawara was
out of the way. Let Jawara take everything he owned. These people did not
care about corruption in the former regime. They knew from day one that they
were going to be more corrupt than the former regime. They are only
motivated by hatred and greed. They had the shock of their lives after they
took over and realize that what they thought was at Fajara was not there
after all.

Turning to your observations about Gassama and his poor attempts at
political punditry. What he wrote about the political terrain post Decree 89
does NOT only exhibit his ignorance, but it also reveal a deep-seated
dishonesty in the man and his APRC cohorts. You are right to point out that
his conclusion that NRP was going to merge with PPP was at best premised on
shaky grounds. It is absolutely mind-boggling to me the message that is
currently coming from the APRC machinery. Shows that these people are NOT
with their faculties anymore. Yaya and his cohorts are confused. Just few
days ago, the UDP was supposed to be another PPP. How many times have we
tried to defend the UDP against charges that the party is a front for the
PPP? All of a sudden, the UDP is now closer to NCP (according to Gassama).
Now it is NRP that is closer to PPP. Where is all this nonsense coming from?
How can a PPP front be closer to NCP than to PPP? This is absurd. These
people are just grappling at straws in their attempt to bring confusion in
the Opposition. Needless to say, the mental midgets will have to confuse
themselves first before they can begin to confuse us.

Gassama is also trying (hopelessly) to make an intelligent conclusion
vis-à-vis the impact PPP will have on a United Opposition. Every day I thank
God that no one is even talking about these politicians joining APRC.
Clearly, the APRC mental midgets at least deciphered that much. These
politicians belong to the Opposition. I think everyone already agrees on
that. Now what APRC seeks to do, is split the Opposition. Needless to say,
they will also fail in this enterprise. What Gassama and his cohorts do NOT
understand is that resuscitating PPP, NCP, GPP and having a United
Opposition is NOT mutually exclusive. For example what resuscitating PPP
means is, that rather than OJ (in person) coming to negotiate with the
current Opposition in his own right, OJ will bring the clout of the PPP and
join the current Opposition. That is why OJ told the Gambian press that
resuscitating PPP only means more power to the Opposition. Obviously people
like Gassama will want to ignore statements from Decree 89 politicians
clearly indicating that these politicians consider themselves as staunch
Opposition members. But we know better. Desperate times for the APRC, call
for desperate moves on their part. Decree 89 will finally spell Yaya’s doom.
How the moron is going to withstand the onslaught from Decree 89 politicians
and our current leaders on the ground, is totally beyond me.

Thanks again Hamjatta for your invaluable contributions.
KB