GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 20 May 2006 13:48:47 -0400
Thank you Atlanta:

On behalf of STGDP, I thank all of you that attended the OJ meeting in Atlanta last night. It was sobering, informative and has given us yet again the hope that we can still make the strategic decision of coming together and bring an end to tyranny. STGDP, specially thank the Atlanta community, the UDP-NRP supporters who attended the meeting, the Global Democracy Project, the APRC supporters and all the NADD supporters. As we all came to finally agreed that, dialogue maybe the only vehicle that can help us bridge the partisan divide. All of us should avoid making statements that may make it absolutely difficult to find a common ground, and ultimately losing the chance of making this smart political move that will give us a chance in October. Respecting, reassuring, and reaching out to the other side is a good beginning to start this dialogue. This business of building democracy in the Gambia is going to evolve, and there are going to be lots of hiccups, road blocs, disappointments, and fights, but at the end of the day, it is still worth pursuing it at all cost... Whatever we do or say at this juncture, let us focus on the day after the General elections results are announced. Decisions and choices we make now have a direct link to this outcome

Thanks again for your commitment and quest to bring about change in the Gambia.

Musa Jeng

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい