GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 17:20:26 EDT
KB:
I do understand that work is being done behind the scenes and by this
sentence I assumed you were also part of the movement behind the scenes. But
then again, I will respectfully assume that it meant something else.

" I for one do not see the need to convince doubting thomases in our midst
that I am contributing to the struggle more than they see on G_L"

  Nevertheless, time is of the utmost essence here and Gambians do not have
time for overly secretive plans which will serve no purpose when deployed due
to a limited amount of time to make them work.

On the election drive issue, I apologize for taking you out of context.  The
same logic can however be applied to the 'election drive' concept you
postulated.  Attacking Jobe will not help increase votes for the opposition.
A more worthwhile endeavor would be to come up with ideas for voter
registration and increasing the amount of votes on the ground.

I do apologize for being harsh if it sounded this way in my criticism of what
is glaringly a misguided status quo at times.

On the reasons for election loss, I do agree there was something else there
aside from the voter buying issue.  Answers to this puzzle will help guide
the opposition in the right direction.  Nevertheless, I do not think the
voter buying issue need be overemphasized at the expense of more plausible
reasons.

Finally, I think we will agree to disagree on the Waa Juwara  women issue.
Nonetheless, I do hope it is a lesson to the leadership of the UDP on the 101
of political campaigning.

On your last statement:
"None of us has intellectual property rights to the truth and what is
good for the country"

I agree wholeheartedly.

Thanks