GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 10:09:09 EST
Thanks Ndey. These are good stepping stones but I think that perhaps one
thing that these NGOs can do is to lobby government to pass specific laws
regarding child support, alimony and fair division of property because having laws
specific to those issues will make it easier for those who cannot afford
litigation fees or have easy access to advocacy groups and also make the process
hassle free since the laws would be in place and one can then appeal to the state
to enforce them.

Jabou Joh