GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2007 10:28:49 +0000
Sister Fatou ,thanks for your comments.The comments you made indicate that you are a person  with a big heart .I have one simple reason of not writing the advice given by Baba.Situations are different and each person is unique to him/herself.what may work for you may not necessarily work for me.And Baba's advice was sorted by that particular person ,he analyse the immediate needs of that individual and gave him what he thought was appropriate.

  here i go again with my Islamic examples.it is being narrated that the prophet of Islam (PBUH) send some sahabahs or companion on an expedition .and along the way ,this men came across a woman with her son who was suffering with mental illness.the lady was in shock and devastated.This sahabahs came to her and enquire what the problem is ? the lady said t them ''my son is inflicted with mental illness and i don't know what to do ''.Among the sahabahs ,one of them jump down from his horse back and held the child.he read some verses and robe it on the boy.they left.but the man who read the verses told the mother ,''we  shall be returning on a particular day ,come see us and tell us what the development are'' .after a couple of days ,this men were on there way back and the mother of the child was waiting for them with a sheep.they asked her ,what happen to the little boy ? she said the illness is gone.The sahabahs praised god and wanted to leave ,the mother of the child told
 them take the sheep it is for your kindness.
  the sahabahs took the sheep to the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and they narrated the incident .The sahabahs wanted to know whether it is allowed for them to have accepted the sheep from the lady?the prophet said yes ,it is halal to accept the sheep ,''it was a gift he said''.But the bigger question is ,what verses did that sahabah read on the young boy ?
  The other sahabahs were wondering what secret ayah or verse would it be that he read .The others couldn't wait for long ,they asked him what verse did you read on the little boy for Allah to cure him of his mental illness ? He said to them ,if i told you ,you will laugh and discredit me,they said we shall not do such a thing ,tell us .HE TOLD THEM'' I READ BISMILLAH GET WELL BY THE NAME OF ALLAH ''.The others couldn't stop laughing .why ?because every one knows bismilah .they thought it was  a big secret verse like some of our marabouts are pretending to be doing .
  the story may not be in order that it is written .

  sister fatou ,take the moral of my narration ,when some one comes to you with his own problem ,advice him/her according what you believe is the best possible solution .what baba said may seems very ordinary but it help some one ,so his advice may not work for a different person.all i wish to convey is that ,we as a community should learn to listen to our friends and relatives and those who seek our advice. tell you what ,men use to not like listening to their wife's advices but when we are in deep trouble ,we first run to our best friend's ,our WIFE'S.BE SUPPORTIVE .thanks for your comments again .i understand your point very well.i may not have answered you ,but some times we don't get answers.

Fatoumata <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Suntu,
I understand and respect your decision to keep secrete the identity of the
fellow being talked about here. However, it makes no sense not quoting the
advice given by our common brother, Baba Galleh, if you believe it did
change someone's life. You an never tell how that can change another's life
if said in a similar context. I am convinced that is what we mean by
"sharing". Do you believe one can guess, by knowing the advice given, the
identity of the man you talked to? That makes no sense to me anyway!

Fatoumata.