GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mariama Diop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:58:14 -0400
Dear all,
I concur fully with your analysis and the need for a united Opposition. I
would suggest that electability be determined by set criteria such as :

Excellent rapport with the electorate
Qualities of integrity , honesty and sense of justice
A fighter- Courage in exposing  the unscrupoulous and unprofessinal schemes
and scams of the Jammeh regime
Compassionate leader sensitive to the needs of the masses
A doer - ability to take on difficult tasks and to deliver
Aggressive advocate of the respect for the rule of law and human rights
Unifier
Calm and pleasant disposition
Performance in past elections

I'm only concerned that time is running out and the Oppostion barely has a
month to  come up with a consctructive strategy and a common ground

Mariama