GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 02:43:33 EDT
Elhajj Mustapha,

I decided to ignore this issue after all the yellow vitriol and foolish
statements that generate nothing but sensation within G-Listers.  Yet your
last comment did move me.  All these people haping about that $3M, ranting
and raving their lungs out should know that I have never done anything
illegal and I am a complete gentleman.  Jammeh started all this hype
thinking that he can hound me to obscurity and drown all public curiousity.
Elhajj, all this nonsense is nothing but 'black propaganda', and a very bad
one indeed because Jammeh failed shamefully.
Prudence dictates that I should not even comment on this issue, since some
people are dying to see me in court whenever their new "government" becomes
succesful.  I dearly wish them well and promise that I will be more than
happy to answer any of their fantasies in court.  I am ready for a showdown.
  Till then please, please, I will urge all reasonable people to focus on
more pressing problems of The Gambia- more than 14 innocent school children
were slain in the streets of Banjul; the opposition was mobbed and their
leaders accused of murder, a very grave allegation that can drag on till the
elections next year thus seriously crippling their campaign efforts;
innocent citizens are being harassed, abducted and tortured in dark corners.
  G-L has a lot to talk about than a mere $3M, that Jammeh himself used to
fulfil his illegal transactions of counterfeiting US Dollar bills.

Ebou Jallow