GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 19:28:50 EDT
I simply don't know where to start.

1.  According to AJJ, if it were not for his regime, the united Africa idea
would have been still on the back burner.  Hmmmmm...

2. According to AJJ, Gambia, 7 yrs ago, had one doctor per 100,000.  Now they
have 250 and, according to his knowledgeable Sir Mansa, this gives our
country the highest doctor patient ration in the World.  Hmmmmmmmmmm...

3. According to AJJ, his regime's promise of providing electricity to the
majority of the Kombos was the result of UNPATRIOTIC Gambians by signing
contracts with less than worthy companies.  And therefore, the 22nd July
celebration was justified this time around despite his promise not to
celebrate the occasion if this promise was not met.  Talk about passing the
buck!

4. According to AJJ, his constitution is the way forward.  How about all
those indemnitiy laws and draconian decree which our lawmakers so willingly
sign?  Is this really the way forward?

5. According to AJJ, Gambian men have to be blamed for declining morals in
the country because women do all the work.  In short, he said that men are
lazy and hang out at the Bantab drinking Attaya. Has his honorable Mansa ever
heard of the term 'high unemployment rates'.  Perhaps this can explain why
men have noting to do?

6.  According to AJJ, seven years ago the Gambia was not even recognized and
we had no voice in Africa, and by virtue of his ties with Libya, our country
is now more recognized.  What a joke!

Folks, I just don't understand... 7 years from now, he will still be
comparing the APRC's rein to that of the PPP..