GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 22:47:46 EST
Ebrima Ceesay,

I understand the pressures of the work  but Inshallah, I have no doubt that
you will do just fine with
The beach at "Almadi was one of the family's favourite hang outs when we
lived in Dakar, and even then, there was some exquisite construction in the
area.
Senegal has always been a pace setter on the continent Ebrima.

Like brother Momodou Sidibeh, I would really like to see this piece on
Senegal when time permits. I am homesick for the place all the time.

Regarding the issue of Islamic States, I am afraid that the U.S understand
well what that constitutes even thought they may use the term loosely as you
described. I say this because they have had close ties with Saudi Arabia
which is strictly an Islamic state, and that has not seemed to bother that
relationship until now when there is definitley a desire by some in the Bush
administration to perhaps attack that country too, ,and again for self
interest although other reasons are always given.

As for Pakistan, they are now close buddies of the U.S although they may
label them an Islamic state. It is all a matter of self interest when it
comes down to it.
They can just do us a favour and label Jammeh what he really is, although it
was not too long ago that Ambassador Mcdonald was heaping praise on the
Jammeh regime?

Jabou Joh