GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 23:44:50 -0800
Thanks Mr. Silla
Your final analysis sums it all up.
If it does not work then dismantle it completely or down scale gradually.  I
still think there is need for some checks and controls otherwise there will be
havoc. Jabou Any INDEPENDENT party can review  or verify -French or British or
Gambian- but it is still premature to assess the whole issue even though we do
not like it . Anything new especially if you have to pay so much money upfront
brings concerns but look at it from another angle
EXAMPLE
Expired Food or Condemned Food /Medication sent to the Gambia and a relative of
mine or yours gets sick after they consume these expired products ,then  who will
be responsible?
The new BIVAC can be sued for negligence or fraud  and my relative or yours can
have some recourse to get compensated. A possible scenario ?yes and no !!
Again Time will tell
habib