GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoulaye Saine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:05:28 -0500
Ylva:
My feelings exactly. A prudent thing to do is to suspend judgment until
one reads the book. The "Western View" is often equated with opposition
to "Female Circumcision/ FGM," and Africans/ Gambians that oppose the
practice are accused of suffering from this so-called "Western View."
This is much too simple.

Again, Congrats! on a job well done.

Abdoulaye