GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:05:24 -0000
Yusupha,

I'm busy as hell, but I can't ignore the fact that you're still REALLY
trying to find things in my postings as excuses to attack me. What I said
about the categories of Americans who look like you and I is MY opinion. And
I still stand by it. Repeat: there are the blacks, the negroes, and the
niggers as far as I'm concern. You called me a "racist," a "bigot," and
"ignorant" for that opinion -even though most people who responded to that
message at the time agreed with my observation. I said at the time that,
it's your prerogative to disagree. Despite your insults, and un-warranted
provocation, I maintained my cool, and asked you to move on. But, it's clear
that you haven't had enough  insults hauled at me. You just have to have
another go.

Well Yus, get this: it ain't gonna happen! If what I've said about the
offshoots of corrupt, shameless, and hypocritical senior/former senior civil
servants-turned overnight "richie rich" describes your parents, so be it!
That's your problem and shame. You'll have to find another way of dealing
with that. I most certainly will not ignore what I know to be the truth
because Yusupha Jow would not want me to say it. As long as I'm breathing,
I'll strive to maintain my integrity. That means calling a spade a spade.

It's very revealing that you would even attribute the quoted lines below to
include yourself. Are your parents corrupt people who educated you through
"re-cycled" public money? If so, SHAME on you and THEM! Because If your
parents are clean, and decent, what exactly is your problem with what I
said? What sentence, line or phrase has made me the "enemy?" And enemy of
who? It beats me how someone speaking for the poor, and silent Gambian
majority  against the few unscrupulous characters who loot public coffers,
could be the "enemy." If you're talking about enemy of the thieves, that I
am. No apologies there. But, what are you? Son, or Friend of the corrupt?

I also find it interesting that you see yourself as so important that some
people on this List "who have personal problems" with you, or "...have a
problem with you because of where you come from" are targeting you. Who has
a personal problem with you? Where exactly do you come from? Who are you?
For lack of time, I'll come back and explore this theme for those who care.
When I'm done, people will know a lot more about those issues than they do
now.

But to conclude this short dialogue, let me be very blunt Yusupha:

1. You're messing with the wrong person. You don't have a damn thing on me
-intellectually or otherwise. As a matter of fact, on any level playing
field, there won't be any competition. You can sneer all you want, but
that's the fact. So you keep reminding us that you went to M.I.T. Great!
George W. Bush went to Yale and Harvard, and he can't pronounce
"subliminal." So much for "big name" schools.

2. Somebody has been lying to you BOY -all your life!: "Yus can't do no
wrong; Yus is all that; etc" So you go around telling people what they can
do, or can't do. And if they disagree, you throw a tantrum. You're on record
here telling someone that they should cease posting "foreign (French in that
case) languages on this forum" - as if English is YOUR father's language! Is
it? There is a world of difference between what we call "Aku" in Gambia and
English bona fide. Try speaking Aku to any Joe on the street, and see what
happens. It speaks volumes about you that you'll even have the gall to dare
tell anyone what language they can post here. And Yus is the victim and
humble one. And there is the recent incident with Saiks and his views on
America. Saiks confused a point, but in the main, what he was saying about
the hypocrisy of the American system is right on target. But, you had to go
bonkers on the guy. Yusupha Jow - the All-Knowing, Most-Travelled-Ever, and
Most-Sophisticated Gambian has to decide what one can say on topics he
comments on.

Well Yus, I guess you don't need an excuse to attack me anymore. I'm doing
you a favor and sparing you the trouble. Here is your REASON. As busy as I
am, I'm eagerly awaiting your expose', just so we can get this over with.
Please tell this distro who I truly am, since everybody else on this distro
is too dumb to know what an "enemy" I am. So, tell them Yus The All-Knowing,
and Most-Travelled. When, you're done, I'll give those who care my expose',
and "where you're from" will become a little more clear to all.

Saul.

PS:
Yus is damn right that we're engaged in different wars here. Some are here
only because Yaya Jammeh has used, abused, and dumped their kin. Anything
else going on is of no consequence. To these people, I say power to Yaya! I
have no sympathy for them. I do not speak for such people. My concern are
the helpless, and voiceless Gambians who don't have any other outlets to air
what is being visited on them by Yaya. Yaya Jammeh should continue to treat
his intellectual prostitutes the way he's doing. I have nothing but
commendation for him for a job being well-done. It's the only job he's doing
superbly as far as I'm concern.

To the Desmond Tutus, and various "peace keepers," there's no need for your
services here. This is not a fight. It's a seminar on "Where Yusupha Jow And
His Types Are From." The invitation was Yusupha's to extend. It's my
pleasure, and honor to oblige the boy. Besides -believe me, you'll all learn
a lot from this. So, the ball is your court, Yusupha! Don't disappoint your
camp...

Saul.