GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 22:30:51 -0800
Lamin,
These problems still comes down to my point .
As soon as they know(International operator) that you're willing to pay
more, you' were able to get through.
Your local phone company leases a circuit from one of the BIG THREE (AT&T,
SPRINT and MCI) for subscribers.
I used to work for Gamtel, and especially at the "Operations and Maintenance
Center" which is called "OMC." I remembered once upon a time that we used to
have certain numbers of "incoming and outgoing circuits" which I still
believed are available. If Gamtel can't increase the circuits, they wouldn't
decrease them either.
One has to understand the whole trick played by the telecommunications
industries. Once you signed for a service(both local and international) you
should not have a problem.
They(local phone companies) look at your calling rate and base on that they
conclude there decisions on subscribers. Just take a moment and ask yourself
, why, why should I pay extra when I already signed for long distance
service?
We can either agree or dis-agree but this is what's happening.
EB.