GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amadu Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 18:46:22 +0100
Ebrima,

Even for those not into soccer, this must be good news! Boy Kah is indeed making history if signed by United, even though as a die-hard gunners fan I make it a point of always booing them. I have not seen E. K. recently, but I had been warning him that with Boy's more than good performance on the field this season, he should buy himself a three-piece suit and get ready to become his agent, being an old hand himself.

I really hope that they (United) would sign him, for that would really be a slap in the face for Norwegian football that had him on the bench for almost half the season. It is the same Volerenga that refused to sign Mamadou Diallo (Senegalese) who went on to become a top scorer in the US after having saved them from relegation.

Another great name (of Gambian decent) in football is John Carew, the son of Ousainou Carew who has been signed by Spanish Valencia and is making the headlines over there. He has recently been left out of the Norwegian squad in favour of Tore Andre Flo, whom as you know, has been a static on Chelsea's bench recently.

Good luck to Boy, who's really a very well brought up lad who always makes it a point to stop and say hello, traditional Gambian style, to all his Gambians elders however much of a hurry he may be in.

Regards,

Kabir.