GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamine Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 12:11:48 -0500
Comrades:

This is the second request on my appeal for us
to organize a Unity Conference in Atlanta to
include all the opposition parties in our
country. If we are serious about the problems
in our country, then we must find some common
ground in setting our country free. Please
comrades, this is a very urgent appeal. Let us
act now before it is too late.

Please read this message and respond in kind:

I am appealing to opponents of the dictatorship
to hold a Unity Conference in Atlanta, GA on the first week
of July 2001. This meeting should coincide with the 4th of July
festivities in the New Capital of the New South.

At this conference, we can encourage the opposition
in our country to seek a single candidate against
the dictator of kaninlai. We are wasting
valuable time in not inviting the leaders of the
opposition to the United States for a strategy in
freeing our country.

I am appealing to Drs. Abdoulaye Saine and Amadou
Janneh to lead this initiative. We should try and
provide funds to pay airfares and meals for our guests.
We should also arrange with Gambians in metro Atlanta to
provide boarding for for these brave people.

Please let us try and make this conference a
success. I hope Drs. Saine and Janneh can provide
us with their unique leadership qualities in making this
conference a success.

The Gambia is our country and we cannot afford
to let it go down the tubes. Please reply to
this mail and let me know who we should send
our donations to.

Naphiyo,

Comrade M.Lamine Jassey-Conteh