GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
kalilu camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:43:25 GMT
Mr. Saidy,
Is it clear where Mr. Jammeh is getting all this monies he continues to
donate in public.How much is he getting paid for his job as the head of
state.If he is doing this in the name of generousity and not public
propaganda wont it be more islamic to do so in private.
It is not the manner in which Mr. Jammeh extravacantly show offf his riches
that borders me its in the light the Gambian people receive his
gifts that astonishes me;the man is giving them their own money!
Imagine someone borrow 100,000 in your name and turn arround and give
you 1000 and you jubilate your entire life there in after!! Mr. Jammeh is
broke as a church mouse in 1994 today he is impersonating rich men by giving
out donations where he deems rewarding to burst his ego.
While our country slips towards billions of dalasis in debt many are
satisfied with a couple of dalasis from the keyholder!!
What a joke!!!
                    karl