GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
chernob jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:07:03 PDT
Hi Jabou,

I read your revealations on the above subject with utter dismay. And
suspicion. Talking about a "Jammeh list" of individuals abroad who are not
in the good books of the APRC government, gives me a poignant reminder to
what somebody at State House told me earlier this year: there exists a list
of Gambians abroad who are deemed "enemies" of the APRC government. My
informant alleged that the List emanated from the State House. He also
cautioned me not to visit The Gambia because he said my NAME was also on
this List. There is no way I can verify this information; but when I mail in
my passport to the Gambian embassy for renewal in a few months time,it will
be clear if I will be meted out a  treatment similar to what was done to
those you mentioned in your expose'. Let's see.

Cherno B. Jallow
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI