GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wassa Fatti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:44:39 +0100
Saiks,
Thanks for this critique. It is sad that in this day and time, a Gambian or
an African intellectual will so narrow mindedly analyse a national situation
in such a poor taste. The starting point for any development is freedom. If
a nation lacks that it lacks thinking towards any meaningful strategy
towards progress.

the author failed to understand that the so-called states in Africa are
privatized states, where in most cases to even is think is a crime. To blame
our poor workers in a such a state for not performing or suffering from "bad
attitudes to work" is an other form of intellectual escapism.

Let the author understand that the failure of any system or society lies
with the leadership. Only backward leaderships reproduce backward systems.
The good thing about the article however is that it shows the abstract
mindedness  our intellectuals continue suffer from. The disease is a legacy
of our colonial educational systems still prevailing in our countries.

You have done the job, so I have nothing to add.