GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 13:16:32 +0100
                                  PANORAMA with 'Bulfaaleh' 'Belledame' tailoring,State risk allowance,President Jammeh's extreme paranoia.
    President Jammeh,Yankuba Touray spent thousands of dollars at 'belledame' tailoring-Tobacco Road Banjul...
  'Belledame' tailoring is a Senegalese tailor's workshop in Tobacco road Banjul. This is a man commonly known as Paap.Paap has been sewing so many styles for President Jammeh.This tailor made everything Jammeh puts on. He has been making a lot of money from President Jammeh.Jammeh means two important things to Paap. He is a client and customer service rep. Of course Paap whispers into the ears of those coming to his workshop i.e. that he is the president's tailor. This is an effective marketing strategy.

  YANKS IS JAMMEH'S SON. BOTH OF
  THE ARE THIEVES. THIS IS WHY JAMMEH
  ENJOYS WORKING WITH HIM. WELL, MAMI'S
  DELIVERY WILL BE COVERED
  This is what hooked up guys like Yankuba Touray. Yankuba is one of those who located, identified and then recommended Paap to President Jammeh. People like Yankuba Touray would be running around the President saying..."Sir she Bibaah nah...Sir Jell koh.."These words are meant to sell Paap's cute African dresses to the King-President. President Jammeh has to know that Gambians are God fearing if not they have much more to reveal about him than he can ever imagine. I have been visiting Paap's for the past 3 years. I have gathered a lot about Jammeh and Yankuba at this workshop.
  Yankuba Touray and President Jammeh share a lot as far as loving flamboyant life style is concerned. Who says they do not match feelings where night life is reeling? They are eager to party and talk big. To my surprise Jammeh's secrets are revealed in such places! This is a big disgrace for anyone calling him a president.
  State Guards receiving more emoluments than other soldiers why?
  Am I dreaming or what? A soldier searching for a journalist who could send his grievance on the world wide web? He was so fortunate because he met me. A soldier (name withheld) who was so furious had this to say..."President Jammeh has to know that we are not happy with what he is doing. He pays those guarding him more money, he enjoys everything with them. He travels with them to any part of the world. Upon all that he pays them risk allowance! President Jammeh has to know that we the junior ones are his 'yaakaro' or his hope, if he continues being unfair between us and his guards we will do something...." Actually I listened to the frustrated soldier but I also wondered about what he means by ..."we will do something"???

  Why would the president pay risk allowance to his guards when they receive per diems during his trips abroad? How can he pay them a fatter salary when those in the camp are struggling to feed their families at home? I am not a soldier but I think every soldier is risking his or her life every day. I also believe those at the camp should be paid an equal amount compared to those at the state guard. Infact Jammeh should be mindful of those angry and silent.
  Of course he treats his state guard personnel much better than those soldiers who are in other locations. The President is so paranoid because he knows what is being said about the recent coup.
  He is not happy with the freedom newspaper and the Independent because these papers expose the hidden. Jammeh has to stop listening to Churchill Baldeh and other liars. He should read the harsh critics and then be ready to swallow the truth.

Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 (Archive on Tuesday, May 30, 2006)
Posted by PANDERRYMBAI  Contributed by PANDERRYMBAI
    Return

          Current Rating:  5.00                        Rating:   5

      Copyright 2006 (c) Freedom Newspaper, LLC.   :  Powered By PointClick  :  Terms Of Use  :  Privacy Statement [input]   [input]   [input]