GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sidi Sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:17:05 -0500
Sheikh Tejan,

Thank you for posting the obituary announcement of Michael Charles at my
request.  I have received consent from members of his family this morning
and I will proceed according to their wishes.

Mike was a decent young man who was always around when needed.  Despite his
limited means, he was endowed with a wealth of goodwill for his fellow
human being and was closely attached to the Gambian community in and around
Abidjan.  He did not only make friends with ease but valued them and kept
them as well; those are the essence of friendship.

On behalf of Doris Ossah and the Ossah family of Sampa, Brong Ahaso Region
of Ghana, and on behalf of all of us in Abidjan, we extend our heartfelt
condolences to the late Pa James Amousa C Robinson, Johm and Cummings
families and to the numerous friends of Mike in Abidjan, Banjul and
abroad.  May your soul rest in peace, Mike: from BIG.  (Sorry for sobbing,
Mike. BIG will miss you and so will Neneh and the kids, especially on
weekends).

To Sheikh Tejan Nyang and my sister Haddy Sanneh: We say a big thank you
for all your efforts in contacting Mike’s family in Banjul. We thank also
Alh. Ismaila SIBI the Honorary Consul General of The Gambia in Cote
d’Ivoire and Monsieur CISSE, Sori, Protocol Officer of the Honorary Consul
General for helping cut through the francophonie red tape.

Sidi Sanneh