GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:57:41 +0000
Mose, I agree with your defense of due process under our laws and we cannot
let one man, Yaya Jammeh, be the Alpha and Omega of our legal system (he
really is).  This undue process though, serves a lesson to Gambians that are
in denial, APRC or not, to wake up to the hell they live in.  I'm sure most
that behaved like Baba Jobe have plenty to think about and nothing in life
stays constant other than change itself, and all of them will experience
change soon.

Word of caution to our citizens, never underestimate the "Rat Pack".  These
are a bunch of folks that have done great harm to Gambians and so let's not
be lulled into a false sense of order in the disorder that is Yaya Jammeh
and his APRC criminal empire.  We have to march on and continue to demand a
complete change from theft, tyranny, and thuggry.  Gambians are not fooled.
For every Baba Jobe that is hauled to court, there is an Amadou Samba, Tarik
Musa, Mustapha Njie, Lang Conteh, Ebou Jallow, Yankuba Touray, Edward
Singhateh and many criminal element headed by none other than mega mouth,
that needs to be brought down.  Both Yaya and Baba needs to be handed to the
Tribunal in Sierra Leone to answer to their crimes against humanity.
Besides, however much Baba stole from Gambians, and I have no doubt it is a
ton, it's just a drop in the bucket to what the biggest thief in the history
of the Gambia stole from us.  Let's refresh our memory of his trail of
theft, shall we.  Crude Oil Contract I, Crude Oil Contract II, Precious Sand
Export Contract, Millions in Swiss and other international bank accounts,
Jet, Properties around the world, Shopping spree for his family, Land Grab
in the Gambia, Yaya Zoo (he belongs in a cage with those animals), Allah's
Bank, and on and on.  So, you see just a cursory accounting of the grand
theft of our resources by Yaya makes Baba Jobe look respectable and
distinguished.  Mose, yes, he needs due process under the law but Gambia
also needs due process for the damage they continue to do to our people.
Good observation.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou

>From: Musa Jeng <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>Subject: [>-<] The rights of Baba Jobe
>Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:00:15 -0500
>
>[ This e-mail is posted to Gambia|Post e-Gathering by Musa Jeng
>

>Even criminals, murderers and the scum of the earth have rights, and
>their rights need to be protected at al cost. The be-all and end-all of
>any serious nation is well-entrenched laws, and the rights of its
>citizens.
>
>When I first heard of the arrest of Baba Jobe, I was jumping in
>jubilation, and to quote Malcolm X, finally, the chicken are coming home
>to roost. My political instincts are telling me, this is good news that
>they are it each other’s throat. It could only mean one thing
>self-destruct—the end of the Jammeh tyranny. Somehow days later, I kept
>telling myself that I am the last person who would like to be seen
>defending Baba Jobe, but his rights are very important to the Gambia we
>are hoping to eventually create. There is something wrong with the idea
>that Baba Jobe is having problem with the law because one person finally
>decided it. Now, let us forget about however we feel about Baba Jobe.
>The fact that a leader of the legislature can be reduced to nothing at
>the wishes of only one man said a lot about the kind of country we live
>in.  I am not sure what his charges are, and I am more apt to believe
>that he is guilty as charge, but the whole process made a mockery to our
>justice system and the rights of its people.
>
>Gentlemen, what I really want to say is that the arrest of Baba Jobe
>should be seen in the light of the challenges we faced in our fight to a
>just Gambia. Yes, we can chuckle because of how we feel about him, but
>his rights are important and should not be compromised.
>
>Thanks
>Musa Jeng

>------LATEST NEWS FROM THE GAMBIA, NOW AT:>>-------
>http://www.gambiapost.net/newspaper
>©2002 Our Guiding Principle : "Va, pensiero", "Let thought(s) fly forth"

Need a shot of Hank Williams or Patsy Cline?  The classic country stars are
always singing on MSN Radio Plus.  Try one month free!