GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
momodou olly-mboge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:20:49 -0500
"You got that right. Not only should we be concern about voting in
thediaspora but also having and effective Gambian organization to look
afterthe welfare of Gambians at home and abroad.I am not talking about
the pockets of party organizations that we currently have,particularly
in the U.S,where there is a lot of them.

Unending criticism without offering meaningful solutions will not
take us anywhere. With all the brilliant brains we have on this platform,if
we put them together it will go along way in helping our country and people.

Jammeh has been mandated by the people for another five years and
it is something that we have to deal with.In my opinion,our only choice for
now untill the next presidential election,is to constructively
engage him to move our country forward."

Beran,

Give us a break.  If you are so concern about the 'brilliant brains on this
platform'  coming together 'to constructively... move our country forward',
why is it that you haven't started mobilising them to come together in your
project of moving Gambia forward.  Guys like behaving as if you are 'holier
than thou' just makes one want to throw up.

Where were you when the diasporan folk were protesting to be allowed to vote
through our embassies.  Why don't you tell Lekbi that issues like voting
rights have been dealt with long time ago.

Is the campaign for the release of Dumo Saho not worth our while or is it
not  constructive in your book.  Are we to keep our mouths zipped when
people are threaten daily in the Gambia. Do u want us forget that up to now
justice have not been done on the massacre of the April 11 etc?   Do u want
us to focus on PA MODOU GASSAMA's fascination of Yahya's development
projects.

It seems right for you to harp on bygone days of the Jawara era rather the
ongoing madness of the Jammeh regime.  You protest about the failings of the
Jawara era and want us to stay mute about Jammeh's lies, ineptitude,
rudeness and maniacal displays of grandoise. Do you want us to succumb to
Yahya's make believe that the country is his personal fiefdom.

Many of us perhaps are doing more that the lot of you out there thinking
that u have the interest the Gambia more than us.  I doubt whether people
like you have any understanding of what national interest means.

regards,

Mboge