GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matarr Sajaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 02:44:45 EDT
Mr. Sidibeh,
      Thank you for the lecture. We need to document our history so that
generations after us will not find themselves lost about the evolution of
their
society.
      I particularly liked your suggestion for a Global Gambian Organization.
Am not
sure how much you know about American Immigrant groups; out here they have
The Cuban American Group, The Chinese American Group, The Haitian American
Group, just to name a few. The purpose of these groups are not merely
restricted to
politics. they function as interest groups which actively lobby for the
promotion of democracy, cultural education, human, physical and financial
advancement of their societies.
     You are right in saying that Gambians are generally naive. The outcry
for the formation of an organization or a grass-root political party to look
for ways to democratically paralyze the Jammeh government have been met with
disinterest.
      I hope that everyone on the list will print your email and carefully
read it.
Please keep these postings coming. through continued education, we will
someday come to understand who we are, what we stand for, where we are headed
and how to get there.

Thank You.
Matarr Sajaw.
Keep pressing on.