GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 12:04:40 EDT
KB:
Just a quick note:

I am extremely disappointed that you seemingly fail to understand the gist of
the previous post.  Concerning Joke, my point is he that he is a diversion
and he should thus be treated as such.  So, I think this dictatorial title
you have ascribed to me is a bit misguided to put it mildly.  Furthermore, I
implicitly stated that I refuse to be involved in name calling.  Another
issue you have also failed to heed.

On soccer postings, this takes a minimal of effort and really does not
require any thought.  So for you to say that I would discuss soccer rather
than the elections, etc. is again misguided.  Please check the archives of
the Gambia-L for records of my postings.  Once you do this, it will become
quickly apparent that while I like soccer, the state of our country is my
main priority. To be honest, there are many half truths in your piece which
concern me. Your statement about me being more politically savvy that Wa
Juwara is rubbish.  Where did you get that idea?  Where did I make this
assertion?  So me criticising politically irresponsible statements is akin to
me thinking that I am more politically savvy than politicians?  You must have
left your thinking bowler hat at home this morning. I could rip your piece
apart if I wanted to, but this will do more harm than good to struggle on the
L.  After all, we want the same thing for The Gambia but differ on how this
should be achieved.

On voter registration etc, I believe we cannot emphasise these topics enough.
For you to seemingly think that we should not reiterate them because they
were discussed a few months ago again baffles me.

KB, do not take my original post too personally.   Criticism can alos be
taken positively and this is all I hoped for.

Have a nice day!