GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beran jeng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:13:12 -0500
Karamba,

Like Dr Saine,my feed back from home during the campaign is that most
people were not comfortable with the UDP/PPP alliance.The UDP was perceived
to be a front for the PPP in their attempt to make a political come back, as
alluded to by many on this list.As DR Saine said,the UDP failed to make a
clear distinction with the PPP despite the alliance entered into ,which i
regarded as a tactical move but apparently ,many did not see it in that
perception and therefore,it cost the UDP many votes.

Beran