GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"B. Sillah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:47:57 -0500
Joe/Lamin:

Thanks again both of you for your inquiries about the upcoming July 4th and
the possibility of organizing a Unity Conference. Last year included in our
programs was to organize a Gambia-L conference, but the politics of July 4th
last year made it difficult to carry it through. As you noted, Atlanta with
the largest Gambian community should take the leadership role to pursue some
of these programs. However, we also have several organizations and that
poses a lot of challenges. We are  working on putting a community org. that
will reflect our community, that will enable us in speaking with one voice.
As I write there is an unwritten gag order concerning the July 4th until we
put everything together, hopefully within weeks.

In regards to the proposed Unity Conference, it would be taken up. We would
really like to keep in touch with both you to assist with the logistics and
advice.

Regards
Baboucarr Sillah