GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 01:21:06 -0500
Mr. Jeng,
Once again a well written piece. I do not think that your first piece
brought any earthquakes though. I think it just showed how much differences
we view things when it comes to national issues, and this might be healthy
AT TIMES.
Certainly the Halifa winning a seat to the Parliament is a big win for PDOIS
and I must say to our young political process. In fact this is why I got so
amazed last week when I read that he is threatening to resign if he feels
that he cannot effect any changes within the system. What do you think of
this as a PDOIS supporter? My apologies if you have already addressed this.
On the Dibba case, I can see that you really became emotional for the fact
that the guy decided to form a collision with the ruling APRC. May be had
you talked to him just like you did to Halifa, you may see his views
differently. Certainly, his align with the ruling party have effected more
difficulties for the opposition that what was expected.
On the Jawara issue, I am better off to keep my comments to myself. I am
sure what ever the reasons might be for the UDP boycott of the Parliamentary
elections, it has become more suicidal than expected.

Ousman Jallow Bojang.