GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:31:22 -0600
Hello, everyone, I already posted to Gambia Post on this, but just wanted to
say how awful this is!  May he rest in peace, and may God give his family
strength through this difficult time!  I gues this would be like if someone
from the Bush Administration murdered someone like Tom Brokaw or Peter
Jennings?

     Inshallah, something is done about this, and this incident doesn't just
fade off into the backs of everyone's minds, and hence nothing is done about
it.

     Antoher sad thought I had is that, it frightens me to think that
elections will not unseat the APRC from power, because they will somehow
find a way to make the election go their way, while appearing to make it
free and fair, just to get the international community off their back.  But
what are the alternatives for getting these people out of power?  I'd hate
to think that violence or coups are the only way.  Because then, what if th
enext person is worse than who's there now?

     Anyway, just some thoughts.  I freely admit that I'm an outside
observer, and there's a lot I don't know.  But it hurts to watch a country
I've grown to love descend to such depths.

Ginny

Visit my blog at:

http://GinnysThoughts.blogspot.com/

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい